Posted by Mozzer on 4/12/2017, 10:58 pm, in reply to "Re: Perspective"
The bits of Salford you're referring to actually benefit significantly from their proximity to Manchester city centre. That is why the two combined are referred to as the regional centre. As in the centre of the North West.
That has had a positive effect on the area, as did the fact they got loads of money in, er, the eighties to do up the chunk of derelict land that you're referring to when the previous industry there died. They're ridden the crest of that financial wave very well, there's no doubt about that and they deserve credit for doing so. But Stockport has actually suffered by comparison because it has both been too far from the centre and has also largely managed to survive without crippling losses to its old industries affecting the local economy in the same way.
In principle, I'm alright.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Perspective - Accipiter 3/12/2017, 12:19 am
- Re: Perspective - BRINKSWAY BOY 3/12/2017, 2:51 pm
- Re: Perspective - Biggles 3/12/2017, 12:32 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 11:03 am
- Re: Perspective - Kinky Afro 3/12/2017, 8:43 am
- Re: Perspective - Firebolt12 3/12/2017, 8:32 am
- Re: Perspective - mreckless 3/12/2017, 8:18 am
- Re: Perspective - hedgegrower 3/12/2017, 7:46 am
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 2:09 am
- Re: Perspective - Stranded Hatter 3/12/2017, 1:07 am
- Re: Perspective - mattyovrio 3/12/2017, 12:58 am
- Re: Perspective - NevadaHatter 3/12/2017, 12:50 am
« Back to index | View thread »