2. because JG isn't getting the best out of this current group. They all looked decent signings on paper, but it just isn't working at the moment, meaning either they weren't actually any good in the first place and/or the manager isn't using them correctly.
There's also the general issue that contracts are far more fluid at this level - it's far easier to remake a team mid season than it is for a league team.
3. from the 35k profit we made last season. The more serious point is that more success on the pitch brings increased crowds, so ideally, the move pays for itself.
4. I guess that comes down to whether JG accepts an Alan Lord style move when he no longer has the manager job? If he wouldnt accept that (and there are plenty of reason why he wouldn't), any reason AL can't?
5. it's more the performances / form than league position as such. Our budget is certainly top 5 / probably 3rd from what people say, yet we are performing like your average mid table side - battering weak opponents, yet struggling any time we play someone decent. This season is the first season we've gone backwards for a long time - I just don't get the mindset that everyone else is at fault for this with the singular exception of JG.
despite saying all this, I'm still not quite sure I want him gone just yet, and that's because...
1) I don't trust the board to make a sensible appointment next - they'll go for another Young / Bogie type figure who has only done well when heavily backed
2) the fact that crowds will drop slightly, as a lot of people will use the 'it doesn't feel like County' line without JG in charge, possibly to the extent that crowds drop further, even though we are better on the pitch.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »