Posted by Imposter on 3/12/2017, 11:37 pm, in reply to "Re: Perspective"
The plans to build a pyramid (or rather scheme of pyramids as it was supposed to be originally) may well have been in the early 1980's.
The design was very much 1987 and the build was early 1990's. And those are the two things that matter in this case. When people see the Pyramid they aren't seeing some vague plan to do something with the land that the council put together in the early 80's. They are seeing the fruits of the designer's 1987 vision come to life using early 1990's building techniques.
So to say there has been no iconic new building in Stockport since 1980 is completely untrue, however you try and dress it up.
And that's without considering Red Rock, the station redevelopment round Grand Central etc...
We will not run,
And we will not hide,
No we will not give up,
We will survive!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Perspective - Accipiter 3/12/2017, 12:19 am
- Re: Perspective - BRINKSWAY BOY 3/12/2017, 2:51 pm
- Re: Perspective - Biggles 3/12/2017, 12:32 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 11:03 am
- Re: Perspective - Kinky Afro 3/12/2017, 8:43 am
- Re: Perspective - Firebolt12 3/12/2017, 8:32 am
- Re: Perspective - mreckless 3/12/2017, 8:18 am
- Re: Perspective - hedgegrower 3/12/2017, 7:46 am
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 2:09 am
- Re: Perspective - Stranded Hatter 3/12/2017, 1:07 am
- Re: Perspective - mattyovrio 3/12/2017, 12:58 am
- Re: Perspective - NevadaHatter 3/12/2017, 12:50 am
« Back to index | View thread »