Posted by BRINKSWAY BOY on 3/12/2017, 7:46 pm, in reply to "Re: Perspective"
"but you have to be realistic about how it is paid for and how it will continue to be able to operate".
All the council have to do is court those that can with financial discounts like lower rates and taxes for a period that sees them into profit.
We have to pay nothing but use it.
It was you that said this town has one of the best social mobility ratings. That means people on the up with aspirations.
Cater to those aspirations by courting those who have something to sell to the aspirational.
When New York went bankrupt and wanted new dynamic penthouse tower blocks to be built to keep the high rollers from leaving the city they offered tax breaks of over 40 years for anyone who would build them.
That's how Trump made his millions.
Please feel free to Google any part of what I say for confirmation.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Perspective - Accipiter 3/12/2017, 12:19 am
- Re: Perspective - BRINKSWAY BOY 3/12/2017, 2:51 pm
- Re: Perspective - Biggles 3/12/2017, 12:32 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 11:03 am
- Re: Perspective - Kinky Afro 3/12/2017, 8:43 am
- Re: Perspective - Firebolt12 3/12/2017, 8:32 am
- Re: Perspective - mreckless 3/12/2017, 8:18 am
- Re: Perspective - hedgegrower 3/12/2017, 7:46 am
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 2:09 am
- Re: Perspective - Stranded Hatter 3/12/2017, 1:07 am
- Re: Perspective - mattyovrio 3/12/2017, 12:58 am
- Re: Perspective - NevadaHatter 3/12/2017, 12:50 am
« Back to index | View thread »