Posted by BRINKSWAY BOY on 3/12/2017, 3:53 pm, in reply to "Re: Perspective"
Where are the modern signature buildings that instantly define Stockport? The last one was in 1980 the late 20th century and that was a failed development. The Pyramid.
All I see is safe functionality over statement.
Square boxes of steel glass and plastic cladding to jazz it up a bit.
Roads are all the town is good for. Feeding the ever hungry Manchester the life blood it needs while numpty Stockport stands in its way.
People travel through Stockport to get where they want to go. Stockport is not the destination, that's the social mobility I see.
Getting to other places.
The town needs a big gig facility, a University, Modern sports stadia, signature architecture and peripherals like a top show piece big production theater, a pro orchestra, river side cafe life and all the trimmings of a city....and of course the clarification of a city to facilitate a lot of that. IMO.
Please feel free to Google any part of what I say for confirmation.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Perspective - Accipiter 3/12/2017, 12:19 am
- Re: Perspective - BRINKSWAY BOY 3/12/2017, 2:51 pm
- Re: Perspective - Biggles 3/12/2017, 12:32 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 11:03 am
- Re: Perspective - Kinky Afro 3/12/2017, 8:43 am
- Re: Perspective - Firebolt12 3/12/2017, 8:32 am
- Re: Perspective - mreckless 3/12/2017, 8:18 am
- Re: Perspective - hedgegrower 3/12/2017, 7:46 am
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 2:09 am
- Re: Perspective - Stranded Hatter 3/12/2017, 1:07 am
- Re: Perspective - mattyovrio 3/12/2017, 12:58 am
- Re: Perspective - NevadaHatter 3/12/2017, 12:50 am
« Back to index | View thread »