Posted by Imposter on 3/12/2017, 3:06 pm, in reply to "Re: Perspective"
There is plenty of aspiration in the town.
Loads of building work and plans going on around town.
But things need to be done realistic - yes I'd like to see a university in the town - but how can it be paid for/can it be afforded?
The problem is Stockport like County tend to go for slow evolution over quick revolution.
It doesn't grab people or headlines straight away, but in the longer-term it works out better.
Also on a personal level the town has one of the highest levels of social mobility in the entire northwest, well above the national average.
And the town also consistently scores higher than the local average (and usually the national ones) in terms of tons of measured indices for health, wealth, employment, education, home ownership etc...etc...
Complete rubbish to say there is a poverty of aspiration.
We will not run,
And we will not hide,
No we will not give up,
We will survive!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Perspective - Accipiter 3/12/2017, 12:19 am
- Re: Perspective - BRINKSWAY BOY 3/12/2017, 2:51 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 3:15 pm
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 3:06 pm
- Re: Perspective - Biggles 3/12/2017, 12:32 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 11:03 am
- Re: Perspective - Kinky Afro 3/12/2017, 8:43 am
- Re: Perspective - Firebolt12 3/12/2017, 8:32 am
- Re: Perspective - mreckless 3/12/2017, 8:18 am
- Re: Perspective - hedgegrower 3/12/2017, 7:46 am
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 2:09 am
- Re: Perspective - Stranded Hatter 3/12/2017, 1:07 am
- Re: Perspective - mattyovrio 3/12/2017, 12:58 am
- Re: Perspective - NevadaHatter 3/12/2017, 12:50 am
« Back to index | View thread »