Re: Irish Flag poll
Posted by Bigmartin on 12/8/2017, 10:53 am, in reply to "Re: Irish Flag poll"
In fairness attitudes are coloured by experiences.
My grandad John never forgave Germans for killing his mate in Normandy. He thoroughly despised them and had some very controversial views which, interestingly as time passes, are becoming more, rather than less, accurate.
And I'm sure the guys who fought them in, say the desert (where it was quite chivalrous) had an entirely different attitude than the Americans for example who fought them in the Ardennes (where Germans under KG Peiper massacred lots of unarmed American prisoners).
I've sympathy for scb's position. Almost none of us were there. He was. His position saddens me. But I can totally 'get it'
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Irish Flag poll - mark1977 11/8/2017, 6:09 pm [poll]
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Stocky 12/8/2017, 12:00 pm
- McIlroy... - Rustybar 12/8/2017, 11:44 am
- Re: Irish Flag poll... Time for one of these me finks.... - McHatterIV 12/8/2017, 11:00 am
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Biggles 12/8/2017, 8:04 am
- Re: Irish Flag poll - TheHat 12/8/2017, 8:03 am
- Re: Irish Flag poll - runtothehills 12/8/2017, 12:07 am
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Browny 11/8/2017, 10:47 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Imposter 11/8/2017, 10:15 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Dave - March Org 11/8/2017, 10:12 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Edgeley Blue 11/8/2017, 9:15 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Royal Blue 11/8/2017, 9:12 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - BillyByrne 11/8/2017, 8:28 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - topperscounty 11/8/2017, 8:08 pm
- Re: Irish Flag poll - Philcounty 11/8/2017, 7:32 pm
« Back to index | View thread »