How can this be done without having a negative impact on my career? If I was not concerned about the impact it would have I would have already taken these steps. Also, how do you validate your documentation? I am extremely concerned it will all be denied and I will have no recourse.
1. Documentation is crucial.
2. How well do you know your campus administration and can they be trusted.
3. Share your documentation with the individual administrator that can be trusted.
4. Request a hearing with the administrator of your trust along with the head band director.
5. The administrator is the moderator who will need to record the conference.
6. This is the time to use your documentation to render questions to the head band director relative to his offensive actions or statements.
7. This conference will most certainly reveal the head band directors demeanor and also give the administrator a chance to see and hear the head band director physical responses.
8. ABOVE ALL, REMEMBER THAT YOUR JOB IS ALL ABOUT SERVICE TO THE CHILDREN!
9. After this, I would bet tjhat this head band director will leave you alone; or, who knows, he might not be in his current position much longer.
I am contemplating resigning. Coming to work is taking every ounce of energy I have. I once loved teaching band but the person I work with is more than just unkind to me. I hate to use this word because I know it is a huge trigger word in public education right now. However, this head director bullies me constantly.
Please don't think I am suggesting I do no wrong and entirely free from blame. I know I do make mistakes, I am human. We all make mistakes and that is one lesson we teach our kids daily. However, there is still a way to approach those you work with in a professional manner.
I feel absolutely defeated on a daily basis. All I am able to do is go to work and come home. I can't handle anything else because I am so unhappy and to be very honest, depressed. I can not wait for the day to be over so I can go home and climb into bed.
To be entirely honest, I love everything about my job except my head director. I get along with everyone else and I do love being a band director. However, I am already absolutely miserable and just do not know if I can make it to the end of the year. I am constantly fighting the inner voice that is telling me to resign.