[ Post a Response | The Yellow Board ]
Re: Quotes, no response
Agree with others. I always included WWBW and Interstate. Lone Star and Steve Weiss if it was percussion. Local and area music stores. I'd also send out five requests, so if someone dropped the ball I wasn't waiting around to move.
I had to bid over $500. With a limited budget, I was always shopping for the best price anyway, so it was really just formalizing what I was already doing.
My district is very firm on we have to have three quotes for anything over $300. I need to get some open hole flutes (district provides instruments and the school has no open hole flutes for our better players) and an alto. The local shop gave me a quote within a week. The music stores that I have worked with in the past- one no response, the other said give me a day or two and I'm still waiting. It's been almost two months. I sent it out to two more stores, same as the first two. I had to print out the WWBW and Amazon prices and hope the business office will accept that as a quote or I might have to wait until TMEA and possibly get them at convention discount. The problem is I needed them a month ago.