- How proficient were you at playing all of the string instruments when you applied/accepted first made the switch?
- If you were not proficient at all of then, which one or ones did you focus on?
- How did you convince the principal/DFA to hire a "non-orchestra" person?
- Did you go middle school/elementary (beginning orchestra) or high school? Head or assistant?
- How much did you invest (instrument(s), lessons, etc) in your stringed instrument training before you applied/accepted your first orchestra position?
Music is music. I can teach that in my sleep. That is not the problem. My problem is being able to demonstrate technique and tone on the stringed instruments.