1) Embroidery or patch is a long-term option, as well as simply leaving a slip of masking tape in the collar or around the hanger. Remove / replace when washing.
2) Cleaning gauntlets can be a hassle but a great way to help with smell and dirt is with a Tide bleach pen, or a special "bleach" sponge or "eraser" sponge.
3) Feel free to use our LiveChat at bandmans.com and we'll have someone help you find some alternative garment bags and shako storage, even if it's not ours.
We appreciate your dedication to teaching and to improving your school's program. Thank you for your hard work, and let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Still new at this, having a few issues in a small school program.
1. All of the marching uniforms are labelled with sizes, but are not with any kind of consecutive numbering system. More or less a grab-and-go system, which is frustrating. This goes for the uniform jacket and both sets of marching pants. Does anyone have any recommendation on marking these that will also withstand dry cleaning or washing?
2. How do you get the mold out of white gauntlets? We will be only checking them out for halftime from here on out, as they get very dirty very fast.
3. Any recommendations on quality garment bags and shako boxes? The current bags and boxes are already falling apart after only a couple years use.
I am working to instill a feeling of pride and care in an ensemble that has been through many leadership changes. The program, and I, are a work in progress. I would really like to get ahead of all these issues in the next few weeks. Thanks for any and all advice in advance.