[ Post a Response | The Yellow Board ]
Re: Flute allergy
Posted by Flute Gal on 8/10/2017, 5:13 pm, in reply to "Flute allergy"
I, too, have that allergy and it was one of the reasons my parents bought me an all sterling silver flute. Until I could get that flute, I used clear nail polish on all of the contact points on the flute. This was before the invention of the BoPep saddles. She will probably need the BoPeps for her right thumb and the side of her left hand. If she uses a plateau model flute, you may need to nail polish the tops of her keys. I've seen people use cloth medical tape on the lip plate or a postage stamp but that doesn't hold up as well as the nail polish.