First of all looking forward to this weekend. The best teams in the state in each class are represented in this tournament and I am looking forward to seeing it played on the field. Before we get to that though, let me give some updates for the next couple of days' events and let me answer some questions that some have asked....
- If you have any player(s) that needs to be added to your roster, you must email the players information to the state office at email@example.com before today at 5 PM Central. You cannot add these players yourself because your roster is frozen. It may take us til late Thursday night to get these players on your roster, but it is your responsibility to check your roster on Friday to make sure that we got your players added in case we didn't receive the email.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE ON THE ROSTER OR THEY CANNOT PLAY.
- The deadline to get IN or OUT of the tournament is also today at 5 PM Central. Anyone that drops after that will pay the $150 dropout fee mandated by NSA before that roster can play NSA again. Don't post on the board to add or take out, please text or email, as we may not see the board today.
- We have decided not to do a live draw and will not be doing a radio show. However, me and Pheasy will be meeting at Hooligan's in Cookeville tonight at 7 PM Central to work on the brackets. Anyone wanting to come hang out see ya there. As for the radio show, it will be on next week when we do the live draw for Big Bubba's in Hendersonville.
- We will have game times and first round matchups posted on www.millerliteshootout.com by 10 PM Central tonight. A bracket will be posted on the site as well later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.
- If you still want in the golf tournament tomorrow, please get in touch with CM7 as he is running that event.
- Any teams that are needing hotels in Crossville or Cookeville, I recommend the La Quinta Inn in both places. They are both nice for $75 a night and the one in Crossville has indoor pool. The host hotel info are on www.millerliteshootout.com. Days Inn in Cookeville is also a recommended place for the money. Be sure to tell them you want the NSA rate at all three places.
- There are no Friday games THIS YEAR because we were able to get Cookeville and Crossville. Because of the added fields it will not force us to play Friday night games. All classes will finish on Sunday except for Womens Upper as it will finish late Saturday night because of them only have 7 teams. The heat this weekend was a desciding factor in not wanting teams in the Womens Lower and Mens C playing back to back in the hottest part of the day and the park does have a midnight curfew.
- Rodeo Bobs will be doing free draft beer and Pizza in Cookeville for all players that are with playing the tournament after the golf tournament and Blind Zebra will be doing something similar to that in Crossville for after the golf tournament. There will also be wristbands and vouchers in the teams packet for Saturday night as well.
- Balls will be for sale at the tournanment for $55 a dozen or $5 a ball.
- Miller Lite T-Shirts will be on sale this year as always and we usually run out on Saturday so be sure to get it early if you want one. This year's shirt is kelly green.
- As for the weather this weekend, it is a change from anything I am used to. It's not a Miller Lite Shootout if there is no rain. This year that doesn't seem to be a problem but it is going to be hot. The good thing about that is that the humidity has not been as high so far which is what creates the "Heat Index" which is what people look at in regards to safety. Irregardless, be sure to drink plenty of water and don't do too many 12 oz curls. We are going to attempt to put free water in each dugout if the parks will allow us, and because of the amount of teams in the tournament, there SHOULDN'T be any teams playing back to back during the hottest part of the day on Saturday. Again, be sure to drink up today and tomorrow before the weekend gets here.
- The following classes are at...
Mens C - Cane Creek (Cookeville)
Mens D - Centennial Park (Crossville)
Mens E - Cane Creek & Jere Whitson (Cookeville)
***E teams will get 1 hr before penalty at Jere Whitson because the field is 290 ft instead of 300 ft. Only at Jere Whitson.***
Womens Upper - Jere Whitson (Cookeville)
Womens Lower - Centennial & Garrison (Crossville)
***All womens lower teams will check in at Centennial park and play their first game there. Garrison will only be used PRIMARILY for loser's bracket games.***
- Questions posted on the board will not be seen by us as we are going to be working and then meeting to start brackets. Neither of us will be able to take calls during work, so the best way to reach us will be via text or email.
« Back to index