Re: Identify the people, titles or years...
Posted by René on 20/6/2008, 23:47:57, in reply to "Identify the people, titles or years..."
1. grand duke Friedrich I of Baden |
2. Wilhelm I, German Emperor, King of Prussia
4. Queen Carola of Saxony, née princes of Wasa (Sweden)
5. Karl Friedrich, Margrave of Baden-Durlach, Margrave of Baden, Elector of Baden, Grand Duke of Baden
6. Hereditary prince Karl Ludwig of Baden
7. Friederike of Baden
9. Sophie of Baden
10. Queen of Sweden
11. Oscar II of Sweden
12. Gustav V of Sweden
13. Hilda , Princess of Nassau (and Luxemburg)
: Another kind of quiz this time. This is
: probably way too easy - and once you start
: unravelling the clues, one answer will lead
: on the next...
: Find the correct people, titles and years:
: I (1) was the head of a sovereign state.
: During my reign, my own father-in-law (2)
: became my “superior”, even though
: technically I remained a sovereign. I died
: in the same year (3) as my first cousin (4),
: who was a Queen. My first predecessor on my
: throne was my grandfather (5) - who,
: curiously, was also my
: great-great-grandfather. His heir (6), who
: was my uncle as well as my
: great-grandfather, died in an accident.
: My grandmother (7) was also my first cousin.
: She died the year I was born (8). My
: daughter (9) held the same position (10) as
: her great-grandmother (7 above) had once
: Another person who died in the same year as
: me and my cousin (4 above) was the Head of
: State (11) of my mother’s (12) native
: country. His son (13) was my son-in-law. My
: son-in-law’s first cousin (14) became my