#2, 4, 8, 10 and 13
Posted by Robert on 26/5/2008, 22:50:03, in reply to "Baker's dozen..."
2. King Maximilian II of Bavaria |
4. King George VI of UK
8. King Carl XIII of Sweden
10. King Carl X Gustaf of Sweden
13. King Boris III of Bulgaria
: 13 monarchs with something in common:
: 1. I was king of three countries. After my
: death, my widow married my successor.
: 2. I had two sons, both of whom succeeded me
: on the throne. One was at best rather
: eccentric, the other was clearly insane and
: incapable of ruling.
: 3. My predecessor, my aunt, was the last
: female monarch of my country (so far??). I
: had no direct heir, so I adopted a distant
: relative who succeeded me.
: 4. I was a king, and I married the daughter
: of an emperor. My wife and I both died very
: young. I probably died of the plague, while
: my wife died either of the plague or giving
: birth to our stillborn son.
: 5. I succeeded to the throne rather
: unexpectedly and very reluctantly, but my
: wife gave me valuable support.
: 6. I reigned jointly with my spouse after my
: father had to leave.
: 7. I was an empress who never produced an
: heir. I was officially unmarried, but I may
: have married my lover secretly. My nephew
: who succeeded me didn’t last long.
: 8. I was old and already senile when I came
: to the throne. Moreover, I was childless, so
: the Parliament had to elect my successor -
: twice, since the first one died very soon.
: 9. I reigned in an empire, but I never had
: the coronation that would have given me the
: most prominent title. More than three
: centuries would pass before someone from my
: house sat on this throne again. My grandson
: is also in this quiz.
: 10. I was the first king of my dynasty when
: I succeeded my cousin. During my brief
: reign, my kingdom was considerably enlarged.
: 11. Before my accession, I had spent most of
: my life in confinement, and when some people
: came to inform me of my accession, I thought
: at first that they were going to murder me.
: My health was not good, and my reign was
: rather short.
: 12. I was a king, and my father’s youngest
: son. Two of my elder brothers had also been
: on the throne before me. Like #9, I also
: have a grandson somewhere in this quiz.
: 13. I was a king who died unexpectedly,
: shortly after returning from a meeting with
: a foreign Head of State. Some people believe
: I had been poisoned.
: Same procedure as every year, James... - who
: are we, and what is the link?
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Baker's dozen... - Bjarne Birkrem 26/5/2008, 22:23:09
- Need some help with the link? - Bjarne Birkrem 29/5/2008, 16:47:17
- #3 - Robert 28/5/2008, 10:50:08
- Re: #3 - Bjarne Birkrem 28/5/2008, 11:15:03
- Summing up the answers so far - and a few hints about the remaining ones... - Bjarne Birkrem 28/5/2008, 9:37:48
- #11 - René 28/5/2008, 19:54:10
- #9 - Réné 28/5/2008, 19:50:05
- Re: #9 - Robert 29/5/2008, 11:01:15
- Re: #9 - Bjarne Birkrem 29/5/2008, 12:36:22
- #4 - José 28/5/2008, 16:59:17
- Half a dozen - José 26/5/2008, 22:59:12
- #2, 4, 8, 10 and 13 - Robert 26/5/2008, 22:50:03
« Back to index