1. I am a Prince. I was killed while on active service, when my youngest son was only one month old.
2. I am a Prince. My father was a King, but I never had any successional rights. At least that is what has been said, but some scholars dispute that.
3. I was recognized as King by my family, but I didn't really reign. I lived my life as King in a prison.
4. I am a Prince. I share my name with my grandfather, but my father was the last King of our dynasty.
5. I am a King. I was not expected to acceed to the throne, and I was the last King of our country.
6. I am a King. I chose a double name as my regnal name. If I had chosen only one of them, the numbering might have been slightly difficult.
7. I am a Crown Prince. When my father abdicated, he decided that his brother should succeed him. Ah well, it didn't matter. None of us could keep the throne anyway.
8. I am a Princess. I have recently been made my father's heiress.
9. I was an Emperor. I reigned "for ever and ever". My son, who should have succeeded my, died under very special circumstances.
10. I am a King. I was deposed, but later I returned to my country in a new role.
Who are we, and what do we have in common?
« Back to index