It's good to see that the activity at this message board seems to be flourishing again!
Here's another quiz following the same principle as the previous ones:
1. I was the youngest of the king’s three daughters, and the only one to become a queen. I was happier in my new country than in my husband’s native country.
2. My marriage to a reportedly bisexual king was not very happy, and though we were never divorced, we spent more and more time apart.
3. I was a very popular and respected king. My greatest sorrow was that my wife and I never had children.
4. I was a Sovereign who had problems with the climate of my country. The circumstances of my death remain uncertain - some think I killed myself.
5. My kingdom consisted of several nationalities, and during my reign it got the name by which it would be known for more than half a century after my death. Afterwards, it was gradually divided into several smaller states.
6. I was a king who spent most of my reign making war. To this day, experts disagree as to who really caused my death - my own people or the enemy.
7. I had to wait a long time before I could succeed to the throne. The circumstances of my sudden death were not quite in keeping with the dignity of a king.
8. I was a king and am one of my country’s great national heroes. I probably would have turned in my grave if I had known that my young successor would eventually turn away from the faith which I had given my life to preserve.
9. My reign is often regarded as the zenith of the history of my country, but my marriage to a foreign princess would eventually lead to a union between my country and hers.
10. I was a queen. I seem to have married into an accident-prone family; first my father-in-law died in an accident, then I died in another accident.
Who are we, and what do we have in common?
« Back to index