[ Post a Response | Royal Quizzes ]
Re: # 1.
Posted by Bjarne Birkrem on 8/5/2008, 19:32:46, in reply to "Re: # 1."
Henri II is correct. |
: #1. King Henri II of France
: --Previous Message--
: #2. King George V (UK)
: #4. King Carl XIV/III Johan
: #5. President George Bush Sr
: #7. King Philip IV the Fair
: #8. King Charles I of England and Scotland
: --Previous Message--
: Another quiz following the old recipe...
: It may be easy to identify some of the
: people involved here - but finding the link
: is (hopefully) somewhat trickier...
: 1. I was a king who died as the result of a
: horrible accident during the celebration of
: my daughter’s wedding.
: 2. I was a king, and unlike previous heirs
: in my family, I had enjoyed a very cordial
: relationship with my father, whom I
: described as “the best of friends”.
: 3. I was not a royal, but I was a Head of
: State nevertheless. By some strange
: coincidence, my immediate successor and I
: died on the same day - a day marking an
: important anniversary.
: 4. I was king of two countries, but due to
: my wife’s religion I was crowned in only one
: of them.
: 5. I was another non-royal Head of State. I
: was careless enough to make a promise to my
: people which I was later unable to keep. I
: am also remembered (and was ridiculed on TV)
: for my dislike for a particular vegetable…
: 6. I was a great king. My father was a
: saint, but not a king. At the beginning of
: my reign, I was one of three pretenders to
: the throne, but by the time the ensuing
: civil war was over, I was the only one left.
: The present-day capital of my country was
: founded during my reign - though not by me.
: 7. I was a king who crushed a famous
: religious order on what was later to become
: an ill-fated day and date.
: 8. I was a king who lost my head after
: losing a war against the representatives of
: my own people.
: So who are we, and what do we have in
- 8 people - with something in common - Bjarne Birkrem 8/5/2008, 13:35:15
- Well done! - Bjarne Birkrem 9/5/2008, 23:07:50
- A couple of hints about #6 - Bjarne Birkrem 9/5/2008, 22:39:30
- The link - Robert 8/5/2008, 22:29:45
- # 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8 - Robert 8/5/2008, 17:06:12
- Re: # 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8 - Bjarne Birkrem 8/5/2008, 19:32:19
- #4 - Robert 8/5/2008, 22:25:17
- Re: # 1. - René 8/5/2008, 18:26:44
- Re: # 1. - Bjarne Birkrem 8/5/2008, 19:32:46
- #3 - Damian 9/5/2008, 0:16:48
- Re: #3 - Bjarne Birkrem 9/5/2008, 8:52:16
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!