[SIZE=3]Summary: This article is about how to fix corrupt MXF files in FCP X. After reading it, you will get the solution in detail.[/SIZE]
MXF format, due to its high recording quality, is used by most advanced camcorders like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Canon XF, and so on. In most cases, we need to decorate MXF recordings to make them look better. However, many users feedback they always meet MXF files got corrupted when they are trying to edit MXF files in FCP X on Mac.
I updated my final cut to 10.2, updated my Mac OS X with Pro format support, but how come in final cut when I try to import my .MXF file shot on Panasonic P2, it only has sound and no video??? I can't edit my .MXF files please help!
I believe there is much more similar problem on the forum. Before giving the tips to fix corrupt MXF files in FCP X, let’s analyze the reason of no video. There are many reasons can cause no video in FCP X. Here I list the main reasons maybe help you.
1. Check out if you still have the ORIGINAL MXF files/folders that were transferred off the P2 cards
2. Did you import directly from the camera into FCP
3. Final Cut Pro X on you Mac maybe have bugs to process Panasonic P2 MXF files.
Now, we can give tips for you according the reasons above.
1. Please make sure you still have original MXF files, so that FCP X can recognize complete MXF files.
2. If you still have the original MXF data you can do two things: Try re-importing them into FCP - or use P2Log Pro to convert them into QT's and see if the corruption still exists. Or, you can re-copy the MXF data back onto P2 cards, put the cards in the camera and see if they play properly. That will verify whether or not the original data is good.
3. If these two methods don’t work, then FCP X on your Mac maybe have bugs to handle MXF videos. Though MXF is in the list of FCP X supported formats, MXF is a quite advanced container format after all, so it’s common that FCP X doesn’t deal with MXF files perfectly.
Final Cut Pro X is the product of Apple Inc, so the most compatible video codec is Apple ProRes. In order to edit P2 MXF files in FCP X perfectly, we need a professional MXF converter to help us transcode MXF format to Apple ProRes codec. After several rounds of testing from users, we recommend an excellent MXF converter for you - Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac. This MXF converter can not only assist you to convert MXF format to Apple ProRes, but also transcode MXF files to other video editing applications, like Premiere Pro. If you want to know more about this software, please review Top 5 Best MXF Converters for Mac.
- Pavtube old official address: [URL]http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: [URL]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: [URL]http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: [URL]http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
[SIZE=4]How to Fix Corrupt MXF files in FCP X on Mac[/SIZE]
Step 1. Add MXF files to the program
First of all, transfer MXF files from your camcorder to Mac.
Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button on the top menu to browse and choose the MXF files you want to convert.
Step 2. Choose the preset output format – Apple ProRes
We have prepare the suitable output profile setting for FCP X. Just click the format bar to follow "Final Cut Pro" > "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the proper format for FCP X.
Step 3. Change output profile parameters.(Optional)
Click "Settings" to open “Profile Settings” window. You are advised to change the number of “Frame Rate(fps)” to 30.
Step 4. Start converting MXF files to ProRes 422
Click the big red "Convert" button in the main UI to start converting MXF files to Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
You can find your converted MXF videos by clicking "Open" button.
Then you are able to import and edit Panasonic P2 MXF files in FCP X with no problem.
Pavtube iMixMXF: If you want to keep every audio channel with P2 MXF files, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMixMXF. This software can help you keep all the audio channels during the conversion.
[*]Convert nanoFlash MXF to ProRes MOV for FCP[/LIST]
[*]Convert Canon C300 Mark II MXF to Premiere Elements[/LIST]
[*]Convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to FCP Preserving Multi-audio Channels[/LIST]
[*]The workflow for converting MXF to Premiere Pro CC[/LIST]
[*]Edit Canon XF200 MXF in iMovie[/LIST]Src:
Tips for Fixing Corrupt MXF files in FCP X on Mac
Litter announcements / solicitations are by approval of the Administrator/CoAdministrator- only.