Summary: Want to import MXF to iMovie 13? If so, this article is right for you. It introduces an easy way to convert MXF to iMovie 13 native AIC codec, so you can finish the job effortlessly.
MXF (short for Material Exchange Format) sounded like it was a good idea when it was proposed as a standard for the creation and interchange of media between cameras, NLE's and output devices. (See also MXF Column)
Where I work, one of the classes is a filmmaking class, and in that class, they've been able to test the new iMovie '13. It is really terrible, a lot of things don't work. For example, clips get stuck on the cameras without any way to get them imported, and Apple's instructions say to go to the File menu and choose to reimport clips, but there is no such option under the File menu. A lot of other areas of the program have just been completely removed. One big problem though, iMovie will refuse to import MXF format for editing. Then how to solve the problem?
As we know, iMovie prefers Apple Intermediate Codec codec most. Life would be so much simpler for us editors if everybody used the same codec, preferably AIC. So to solve those problems, they best workaround is to convert the MXF files to AIC although you can't do this via import. The whole process is easier and quicker than constant crashing.
To help those who wanna edit MXF files in iMovie 13, here I share with you a simple guide on how to convert MXF files to AIC MOV format and then transfer MXF files to iMovie 13 for editing flawlessly.
Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (Review) is a professional MXF Converter for Mac which can not only convert MXF to AIC codec MOV format for editing in iMovie/FCE, but also provide simple video editing functions for you.
Plus, the Mac MXF Converter also can encode MXF, P2 MXF, XDCAM MXF, XAVC MXF fooatge for editing in FCP 6/7, FCP X, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5/CS4/CS3, Premiere Elements 13/12, After Effects CC/CS6, DaVinci Resolve, Aperture 3, etc. on Mac, supports the latest Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Now get this MXF to iMovie Converter for Mac installed and let's go ahead to this fantastic workflow.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: [url=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
How to Convert MXF to AIC for importing to iMovie 13?
At first, you should get your MXF video backup on your Mac.
Step 1. Run the Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac. Then you can click "Add video" to load the MXF file into it, or click "Add from folder" to load the entire folder.
Step 2. Select iMovie 13 compatible codec.
Click the "Format" bar, iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). It is the compatible format for iMovie 13. Then you can set the output folder by clicking "Browse" icon as you need.
If you want to do some editing like trim a certain MXF segment file to smaller ones, get rid of black edges of source file, add video effects, etc. this MXF Converter for Mac will be do these.
Step 3. When the setting is finished, you can click the big red button to start converting MXF to AIC for iMovie 13. Wait for a while to get the converted AIC MOV video on Mac.
After conversion you can click the "Open" button to locate the converted files and load the AIC MOV files to iMovie 13. Now you are able to import the converted video files in iMovie freely without any rendering.
1. If your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program specially designed for multi-track preserving and mixing features, named iMixMXF. Featured formats include: output multi-track Apple ProRes/MOV/MP4/WMV/MKV.
2. If you want to convert more sources like H.265/HEVC, MTS, MKV, Tivo, MPG, AVI, VOB, FLV, Blu-ray, DVD, etc. files, you could try iMedia Converter for Mac, which is capable of converting both various HD videos and latest DVD and Blu-ray on Mac (Mavericks and Yosemite included). You are also allowed to 1:1 backup the whole discs or copy BD/DVD main movie for further playback or editing. Just give a try.
Never miss to get Saving up to $44.1, MXF/MTS/M2TS/MKV/FLV/MOV Converter.etc at Pavtube Bundles Deals!
Tricks for Editing AVCHD MTS Files in FXhome HitFilm
Best Way to Edit PJ275 1080/60p AVCHD in Premiere Pro
Make Sony HDR-CX550V MTS Footage Workable with FCP
Two Ways to Convert MKV to iTunes for Adding Videos
Convert GoPro Camera Video for Streaming to DVD Player
Panasonic Media Player Can't Accept MTS Files
Fix MTS to Sony Movie Studio 10/11/12/13 Incompatible Issues?
Import MP4, AVI, WMV, MXF, MTS to Premiere Pro CS3/4/5/6/CC
Convert Sony Camera Video to QuickTime for Playback
Smoothly Play Canon/Panasonic/Sony MXF on VLC Player
Compress Video for Email, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook
Play QuickTime MOV Files on TV (Samsung/Sony/LG/Philips TV)
Litter announcements / solicitations are by approval of the Administrator/CoAdministrator- only.