Well, the positive aspects are that she is 13 1/2, so she has already fulfilled her life expectancy, and that we appeared to have caught the disease early. She has been lumpy and bumpy for a couple of years. For awhile everything checked out to be fatty tumors, but more recently she has had two cancers in her legs - not the kind that spreads. One we had removed surgically 6 months ago, the other was going to be removed when this lymphoma came up, so I have been reconciled for awhile to the fact that sooner or later one of her growths would not be good.
We are awaiting a confirming diagnosis from the lab, but the vet says it is 95% likely. Subject to the final diagnosis, we will be doing chemo, which has a high likelihood of achieving a remission that could extend her 1 to 2 years.
Anyways, if anybody has had experience with this and can provide insight as to what to expect and/or what to do, I would appreciate that info.
Thx in advance.
Litter announcements / solicitations are by approval of the Administrator/CoAdministrator- only.