Re: Does one have to go to church to be saved?
Posted by If you can say on December 24, 2016, 5:05 pm, in reply to "Does one have to go to church to be saved?"
If you can say that it is only possible to believe that Jesus is God and that He died for our sins, was buried and was raised on the third day According to the OT scriptures while gathered in a church (be that "church" a group of believers or a building) then it would be necessary to go to a church to be saved.
And that idea would leave all who observe the gospel and the ONE living God within His creation with no hope of being saved no matter how powerful God the Holy Spirit is in showing the gospel in His creation as well as the Bible.
I tend to think that a hermit has every possibility to be saved by God whether he/she ever sets eyes of either a church or a Bible, which says that those who can observe His creation with their eyes are "without excuse" for disbelief.
The church (whether a group of people or a building) is not presented in the Bible as a place to get saved. It is presented as a place of GATHERING of believers. And the Bible clearly states that there are and always will be non0-believers faking it inside churches, along with false preachers and everything else under the sun too - it sretainly is not the only place one can 'hear' the gospel and be touched personally by God Himself.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Does one have to go to church to be saved? - IQ December 24, 2016, 7:37 am
- Re: Does one have to go to church to be saved? - Brad Lewis December 24, 2016, 1:18 pm
- Re: Does one have to go to church to be saved? - If you can say December 24, 2016, 5:05 pm
- Re: Does one have to go to church to be saved? - The answer as always December 25, 2016, 6:27 am
- Re: Does one have to go to church to be saved? - Philippians 4,v,4 December 27, 2016, 12:05 am
- Re: Does one have to go to church to be saved? - A good book February 24, 2017, 11:52 pm
« Back to index