I have an old plastic storage container that I reused as a community pot for some S. mexicana seedlings a few years ago. I thought I would plant them in the ground pretty quick after I moved almost two years ago.
Then I ended up building a house instead of buying, so they stayed in this "pot" for another year. Then we moved in late enough last summer that I had to focus all of my spare time on getting a lawn established ASAP. Then over the winter I let this pot get too dry.
By the time I realized it, all of the sabals (that were producing divided leaves by this point) were shriveled and soon turned brown. I was sick that I had kept them going so long only to stupidly let them dry up. It looked like I might only have two or three survivors, so I kept caring for them. Now it appears that all of these palms are pushing out new growth. Some even had 0% green a few weeks ago.
I was very impressed that they all seem to be alive. They're pretty incredible.
Speaking of the house that keeps me so busy though. Here's what it looked like from the driveway about two weeks ago: