Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
27F last night . What was your low this fall ? Bananas zapped but Washy fronds fine :
Posted by WSimpson NC on 11/11/2017, 10:45 am
Edited by WSimpson NC on 11/11/2017, 1:00 pm
My Washy's fronds get zapped at 25F or below and last night was pretty close . Hopefully I'll get into January before it gets to 25F . The trunk has seen 17F without protection so no problem there .
I harvested some Citrumelos last night because the fruit , I think , gets putrid at around 28F . The rest of the fruit will still be ornamental into January and then they will start falling off and littering the yard .
I bought a top rated juicer , according to America's Test Kitchen , so I'll juice these Citrumelos and see what kind of taste they have . I have a feeling I'll be adding a little sugar to any drink , but I might also squeeze some juice into something I'll cook up over the coming days .
Click for weather forecast
Ten year lows: 12F,15F,8F,12F,15F,19F,20F,5F,4F(15F 2016)
10 Year Average Lowest Low 12.5F ; 30 Year 12.2F
Profession:Trachy Defiberer and Palm Spear Puller (free estimates)
- 24F here - Ben OK 11/14/2017, 10:26 am
- 22F - Bob West MI 6b 11/14/2017, 10:17 am
- 18F - Jim in Iowa 11/12/2017, 12:38 am
- 19F here - photo of how it zapped a Musa Basjoo clump - jay-mid-md 11/11/2017, 6:10 pm
- 62F. Looks like this cold air mass didn't dip as far south - PJ Lake Nona FL 11/11/2017, 5:44 pm
- Re: 27F last night . What was your low this fall ? Bananas zapped but Washy fronds fine : - Rob Cookeville Tn 11/11/2017, 5:11 pm
- 20 here - Ken in cold z6a Ohio 11/11/2017, 2:46 pm
- Re: 27F last night . What was your low this fall ? Bananas zapped but Washy fronds fine : - Brian in Bremerton WA 11/11/2017, 2:41 pm
- 41F in Augusta, GA - Joe Augusta z8 11/11/2017, 12:42 pm
- 28F here last night - CM in NYC 11/11/2017, 12:30 pm
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!