Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
Re: Are you worried about your (F-bucket)account?
Posted by Jim Wilmington DE 7a on 7/25/2017, 2:12 pm, in reply to "Are you worried about your (F-bucket)account?"
The "move" in online services seems to be this:
1. Come up with a great idea for a site.
2. Offer the site open to all, for free, for a a year, maybe several years, until a large base of users are participating.
3. Initiate a second tier membership which comes with a fee in exchange for "premium" services (the carrot).
4. Intentionally deliver worsening service & support to your free members (the stick).
5. Have as a long-term goal a site where all members are paying.
In the pre-internet days, this was called bait & switch.
Nobody does anything about it these days.
Jim, Wilmington, DE, 7a
Last 30 Years Avg. Winter Low: 7.50F
Last 20 Years Avg. Winter Low: 8.35F
Last 10 Years Avg. Winter Low: 8.40F
Favorite Palms: Species: Phoenix Canariensis / Genus: Sabal
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!