Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
Jim - Thats it !
Posted by Rob Cookeville Tn on 6/19/2017, 4:57 pm, in reply to "Sabal Nomenclature"
Edited by Rob Cookeville Tn on 6/19/2017, 5:39 pm
Sabal Mexicana = Sabal Texana (and all those other aka's)
Sabal x Texensis, Sabal 'Brazoria', Sabal Brazoriensis
Thank you Jim...
S.Texensis is the Texas palm I think he should trial with S.palmetto.
.S mexicana just isn't hardy enough for z7a !
Most all Palmettos are said to be hardy around z8, the exception is x Birmingham
- Hold on - jwitt abq z7 6/19/2017, 9:12 pm
- Re: Hold on - Ryan Monroe LA 6/20/2017, 11:05 am
- No comparison - Rob Cookeville Tn 6/20/2017, 11:00 am
- Re: Hold on - Lucas West Arkansas 6/19/2017, 11:33 pm
- Re: Hold on - jwitt abq z7 6/20/2017, 7:19 pm
- Lucas - Rob Cookeville Tn 6/20/2017, 12:48 am
- Re: Lucas - Lucas West Arkansas 6/20/2017, 11:33 pm