Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
Zone 8A Monroe, LA
Posted by Ryan Monroe LA on 6/15/2017, 10:07 pm
Edited by Ryan Monroe LA on 6/15/2017, 10:10 pm
After a 15F winter. I've seen it posted here by others on this board, but pictures just do not do justice to just how massive those Sabal mexicanas are. Think 12' of clear trunk and 2X the scale of Sabal palmetto. I'm having to trim them up quite high to make room under them for the Brahea armatas, which are between 6' and 8' of clear trunk.
- That would depend where the palmetto is from - Dennis Palms CA 6/19/2017, 6:15 pm
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - Brian in Bremerton WA 6/17/2017, 10:18 am
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - Scot from SC 6/16/2017, 5:26 pm
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - Tom in Philadelphia 6/16/2017, 5:22 pm
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - jwitt abq z7 6/16/2017, 8:59 am
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - Brad - Pittsburgh 6/16/2017, 5:08 am
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - George in Bandon Oregon 6/15/2017, 10:54 pm
- Re: Zone 8A Monroe, LA - Stan Hayward CA 6/15/2017, 10:26 pm