Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
Yet another day of nothing.... Unbelievable drought! Arghh
Posted by Keith Winter Haven FL on 5/22/2017, 3:13 pm, in reply to "What would you do if.."
Today when I awoke, the forecast was 80% chance of rain. Since nothing happened, they've dropped the chance to 20%. This is just excruciating, especially with highs in the 90's. My Bahia grass has large patches that are just plain dead, not brown but gray! The Bermuda is faring a bit better, especially in the ornamental beds where its a weed.
Ive never endured a drought for this long, 8+ months. And with essentially nothing but sand, the consequences are horrific. Yesterday I saw established live oaks dying the median between the in and out lanes of a shopping center in Oviedo. This is the worst drought ever recorded for many places in FL.