Edited by board administrator September 16, 2015, 4:59 am
Fearless Defenders #8
• Quirky cover again? That's fine. It's clever and well done again.
• Cut&Paste recap again? BooOrrring.
• Dani's hanging with the New Mutants? They're still around? Huh.
• Clea JUST joined and she's not in this?
• Recruiting Elsa Bloodstone?
• Good art with female leads is a must. This issue passes - but wow Misty's new hairstyle isn't cutting it IMO.
• This is clearly a serious mission/hunt they're going on in this team title and they're not calling in the team? As early as issue#8? Nuh-uh. Or at least give a lame excuse.
• Definitely a RickJonez/MarVell thing. It may be interesting to see the comparisons as time goes on. May be.
• New costume for Val. That's fine. But it doesn't feel very Asgardian fashion. Wonder what writer with use those 3 hairclip balls in a fight! More importantly though we need more exposition on her relationship to actual Asgard, Asgardia, Valhalla, Odin, etc ASAP.
• "THAT'S OFF-PUTTING" is an... off-putting thing for Elsa to say.
• "YOU GUYS?" is an off-putting thing for Misty to take offense to.
• Brood? Why'd it have to be Brood?! Another encore apprearance of the Sleazoids after so many clear unconnected defeats is getting tired. Aren't there still danglers from way back to http://marvel.wikia.com/Ghost_Rider_Vol_3_27 that might have been more interesting than this generic experiment?
• The trio vs the pseudo-Brood was not that exciting. The reins that Riggs has on Val has... interesting potential.
• http://www.comicvine.com/the-celestial-order-of-the-hai-dai/4060-57884/ and http://www.comicvine.com/zheng-bao-yu/4005-91636/ ? Well, at least they're trying some new foe. But, was indifferent about them after this average showing.
• Hey! It's No-Name! Huh. Odd inclusion and motivation? Yeah, but at least they're not forgetting The Warbound.
• Bao has powers and No-Name has armor? Should have had more explanation.
• Oh Good Grief! It's do-nothing Caroline and be-bland Raven again.
• Wow! Talk about name-dropping and empty threats! LeFay relying on that to end this issue was more dubious than threatening.
I miss Dad and Dan.
« Back to index
This website, its operator, and any content contained on this site relating to Heroes for Hire, Power man and Iron Fist are not authorized by Marvel Comics. This site is not sponsored, approved or authorized by Marvel Comics. The opinions of this site are not necessarily those of Marvel Comics and this site is not an authoratative voice of the views of Heroes for Hire and Powerman And Iron Fist, and characters and situations as written by Marvel comics. This site serves as a non-profit scholarly work which reviews, promotes, and documents the elements of Heroes For Hire in comic books and other media during the 21st century and beyond. All ideas in this site are expressed as a continuation of thought covering the pop culture associated with Heroes For Hire .These thoughts are not necessarily the ideas of Marvel Comics. Some illustrations and words are the creation of others that may or may not have appeared in other publications or websites. Their inclusion in this site is not intended as an infringement of their copyright in any way, but rather is done in the interest of documenting and reviewing pieces of pop culture "comic book" history. Heroes For Hire Message Boardand other related properties and images are Â© by Marvel Comics.
This Message Board owned and operated by: Mitch Taylor (Irn12)