Rome & Sparta
Posted by Hovite on 31/1/2011, 16:23:21, in reply to "Royal Twins"
User logged in as Hovite
The two royal families of Sparta were said to be descended from a pair of twins, but this is probably just a myth to explain the Spartan dual kingship. |
The city of Rome was supposedly founded by a pair of twins. Then Romulus killed Remus and became the first king. But this is certainly pure myth.
Much later, Drusus Caesar, son of the emperor Tiberius, had twin sons, but one died young. The other was known by the nickname Gemellus.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Royal Twins - Jane 15/1/2011, 3:27:48
- German royal twins - Eleonore 15/1/2011, 9:36:18
- Scottish royal twins - Karen 15/1/2011, 14:31:42
- Re: Royal Twins - manuel 15/1/2011, 18:34:42
- Re: Royal Twins - Dag T. Hoelseth 15/1/2011, 18:51:53
- Re: Royal Twins in Dk - José 16/1/2011, 17:55:48
- Re: Royal Twins - Eric VdV 16/1/2011, 22:51:26
- Re: Royal Twins - SamDotson 17/1/2011, 1:42:00
- The man with the iron mask - José 17/1/2011, 21:15:47
- Re: Royal Twins/ France - Alpha 18/1/2011, 13:45:37
- Re: Royal Twins in Bulgaria - Juan Primero 18/1/2011, 22:24:52
- More twins - José 21/1/2011, 18:23:21
- Rome & Sparta - Hovite 31/1/2011, 16:23:21
« Back to index