Re: Britain and Hannover
Posted by Hovite on 31/1/2011, 16:07:39, in reply to "Britain and Hannover"
User logged in as Hovite
--Previous Message-- |
: The question is : Would the british people
: be willing to fight for their king's
: personal backyard ?
When George I became king, he sent the British navy into the Baltic to prevent Sweden from protecting her German territories. In this way, he was able to expand his Electorate by taking the Duchy of Bremen and Principality of Verden from Sweden.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Royal Twins - Jane 15/1/2011, 3:27:48
- German royal twins - Eleonore 15/1/2011, 9:36:18
- Scottish royal twins - Karen 15/1/2011, 14:31:42
- Re: Royal Twins - manuel 15/1/2011, 18:34:42
- Re: Royal Twins - Dag T. Hoelseth 15/1/2011, 18:51:53
- Re: Royal Twins in Dk - José 16/1/2011, 17:55:48
- Re: Royal Twins - Eric VdV 16/1/2011, 22:51:26
- Re: Royal Twins - SamDotson 17/1/2011, 1:42:00
- The man with the iron mask - José 17/1/2011, 21:15:47
- Re: Royal Twins/ France - Alpha 18/1/2011, 13:45:37
- Re: Royal Twins in Bulgaria - Juan Primero 18/1/2011, 22:24:52
- More twins - José 21/1/2011, 18:23:21
- Rome & Sparta - Hovite 31/1/2011, 16:23:21
« Back to index