Re: "Most dazzling"...
Posted by Alpha on 23/1/2011, 11:30:08, in reply to ""Most dazzling"..."
User logged in as Alpha
: That's an interesting comment. I presume you
: mean of the marriages after the Act of Union
: which created Great Britain?
: Certainly there are many far more
: significant and dazzling pre-Union marriages
: in the various English and Scottish royal
: houses than that of a British King to a
: widowed Russian Grand Duchess.
I suppose Charles I married well. The same might be said for Mary Stuart's first marriage. The Spanish marriage of Arthur and Henry Tudor was a coup, bearing in mind the "nouveau" status of the dynasty. I'm trying to think back to something fabulous. Help!
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Royal Twins - Jane 15/1/2011, 3:27:48
- German royal twins - Eleonore 15/1/2011, 9:36:18
- Scottish royal twins - Karen 15/1/2011, 14:31:42
- Re: Royal Twins - manuel 15/1/2011, 18:34:42
- Re: Royal Twins - Dag T. Hoelseth 15/1/2011, 18:51:53
- Re: Royal Twins in Dk - José 16/1/2011, 17:55:48
- Re: Royal Twins - Eric VdV 16/1/2011, 22:51:26
- Re: Royal Twins - SamDotson 17/1/2011, 1:42:00
- The man with the iron mask - José 17/1/2011, 21:15:47
- Re: Royal Twins/ France - Alpha 18/1/2011, 13:45:37
- Re: Royal Twins in Bulgaria - Juan Primero 18/1/2011, 22:24:52
- More twins - José 21/1/2011, 18:23:21
- Rome & Sparta - Hovite 31/1/2011, 16:23:21
« Back to index