Re: Royal Twins
Posted by Josť on 16/1/2011, 17:52:52, in reply to "Re: Royal Twins"
User logged in as Josť
The present Count of Paris has two twin brothers Michel and Jacques. |
Pss Maria Pia of Savoy had 2 pairs of twins:
Dimitri and Michael and Serge and Helene.
Pss Irene of NL Had twins Margarita and Jaime
In the spanish extended RF there are some twins among the descendants of the duke of Seville.
Pr. Franz Josef of T&T had a couple of twins : his presumptive heir, Pr.Gabriel who died in Stalingrad in 1942 aged 20, and a twin sister Pss Michaele who died aged one day.
King Maximilian of Bavaria also had 2 pairs of twin-daughters:
Charlotte/Carolina first married to the K, of Wurttemberg and later to Emperor Franz I and Elizabeth married to K. Friederich Wilhelm IV of Prussia.
Amalia married the king of Saxony and Sophie was Sissiís aunt and mother-in-law
: It may be the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen genes
: who provided the last set of twins.
: Marie of H-S, countess of Flanders had a
: pair of twins, Henriette and Josephine, but
: Josephine died as a child.
: Wilhelm Sovereign Prince of
: Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen had a pair of male
: twins from his first marriage to Maria
: Theresa of Bourbon-dos Siciles Friedrich and
: Franz Joseph.
: Other royal twins:
: *Louise Elisabeth and Anne Henriette of
: France, daughters of Louis XV and Marie
: * Elisabeth Ludovica and Amelie Augusta
: daughters of Maximilian I of Bavaria and his
: second wife Karoline of Baden. Both became
: queen-consorts Elisabeth of Prussia and
: Amelie of Saxony.
: --Previous Message--
: --Previous Message--
: The recent birth of twins to the Danish
: princely couple leads me to ask: when was
: the last time twins were born to the kingdom
: of Denmark?
: Elsewhere in Europe, I'd be interested ...
: certainly never in Norway, since the 1905
: separation of crowns with Sweden. What
: about Sweden? I don't believe any in the
: House of Bernadotte ... previous dynasties?
: I also have never heard of royal twins in
: the UK; I believe one would have to stretch
: the annals of history back to pre-Hanoverian
: times. For the purpose of convenience,
: perhaps we could separate the English and
: Scottis royal histories ...
: In Belgium, I believe there was a Prince
: Philip (the Count of Flanders) who had a
: pair of twin daughters.
: What about Prince Nicolas and Prince
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Royal Twins - Jane 15/1/2011, 3:27:48
- German royal twins - Eleonore 15/1/2011, 9:36:18
- Scottish royal twins - Karen 15/1/2011, 14:31:42
- Re: Royal Twins - manuel 15/1/2011, 18:34:42
- Re: Royal Twins - Dag T. Hoelseth 15/1/2011, 18:51:53
- Re: Royal Twins - Johan 15/1/2011, 23:14:45
- Re: Royal Twins - Josť 16/1/2011, 17:52:52
- Re: Royal Twins in Dk - Josť 16/1/2011, 17:55:48
- Re: Royal Twins - Eric VdV 16/1/2011, 22:51:26
- Re: Royal Twins - SamDotson 17/1/2011, 1:42:00
- The man with the iron mask - Josť 17/1/2011, 21:15:47
- Re: Royal Twins/ France - Alpha 18/1/2011, 13:45:37
- Re: Royal Twins in Bulgaria - Juan Primero 18/1/2011, 22:24:52
- More twins - Josť 21/1/2011, 18:23:21
- Rome & Sparta - Hovite 31/1/2011, 16:23:21
« Back to index