Formerly the capital's first town hall until it was destroyed by a gunpowder explosion in 1554, the structure was rebuilt 20 years later. During the 18th Century an extension was added and the Parliament was built as an annex in 1859. It remained so until 1890 when the building became the Palace of the Grand Dukes.
Restored from 1992 to 1995, the palace has an exquisite Flemish Renaissance facade.
2017 coincides with the 200-year commemorations of the Grand Duke Nassau dynasty and a special museum inside will be set up for visitors to enjoy as well as a guided visit
More details can be found here:
« Back to index