Sitwell is listing off future "threats" to HYDRA. They are...
- Iron Man - unbelievably powerful and already in movies
- Hulk - unbelievably powerful and already in movies
- Dr. Strange - unbelievably powerful and has a movie in the works
- Ethan Edwards - very powerful (with connection to become extreme) and very dangerous Skrull (he was sent to eventually conquer Earth) who could quite likely be showing up in some capacity in almost any of the near future movies
...and then either...
- Akhenaten - unbelievably powerful and direct important ties to Thanos (who has made a cameo in first Avengers movie)
- Sphinx - unbelievably powerful and the main bad guy in the upcoming Nova movie
- Apocalypse - unbelievably powerful and quite likely in the X-Men plans (although being a Fox franchise this one is probably less likely then the above two)
- Moon Knight - honestly, very little power (this is especially the case if he is still in Egypt, which would imply he hasn't even 'died' yet. But even after that, he is more on par with street level thugs than Gods like the others) and no plans for a movie (shoot, he cant even keep a comic book going smoothly) other then a 'hey, that would be cool to do' comment from guys who hadn't even checked to see if Marvel has the rights to the character.
And if they really are opening it up to light powered B/C-listers with almost no connection to anything going on in any of the in works movies, why not at least pick one with a movie actually in the process of possibly being made (Black Panther) instead of one that will more than likely never make any sense to the audience?
Really, there is almost no chance it is Marc as it just makes zero sense no matter which angle you approach it from. I mean, how would a not-quite-all-there mercenary working under a rather wanna-be warlord robbing scientists in the middle of no where who goes on to work with local police, a waitress, her kids and a homeless guy taking out random street scum when he isn't debilitated by his own self-inflicted issues end up on a 'greatest threats' list of near anyone in the first place? But even if they did feel he were somehow a future threat, wanna know how Hydra can take care of it in about 5 minutes without even working up a sweat? Take out the statue and Marc never even becomes MK in the first place - their problem is solved way before it begins.
Like I said, it has to be a reference to either Akhenaten or Sphinx; they are actual powerful threats and both have connections to the actual larger plot taking place in the Marvel movies
: Also, the threats Agent Sitwell talks about
: seem to be all marvel heroes and not
: villains which would take Sphinx etc. out of
: the question. That and the one of writers of
: the Winter Soldier interview literally said
: Moon Knight could be "pie in the
: sky" movie.
« Back to index
This website, its operator, and any content contained on this site relating to Moon Knight are not authorized by Marvel Comics, Inc.. This site is not sponsored, approved or authorized by Marvel Comics, Inc. The opinions of this site are not necessarily those of Marvel Comics, Inc. and this site is not an authoratative voice of the views of Moon Knight, and characters and situations as written by Marvel Comics, Inc. This site serves as a non-profit scholarly work which reviews, promotes, and documents the elements of Moon Knight in comic books and other media during the 21st century and beyond. All ideas in this site are expressed as a continuation of thought covering the pop culture associated with Moon Knight. These thoughts are not necessarily the ideas of Marvel Comics, Inc.. Some illustrations and words are the creation of others that may or may not have appeared in other publications or websites. Their inclusion in this site is not intended as an infringement of their copyright in any way, but rather is done in the interest of documenting and reviewing pieces of pop culture "comic book" history. Moon Knight and other related properties and images are © by Marvel Comics, Inc.
This Message Board owned and operated by: Mitch Taylor (Irn12)
Create your own free message board!