Sooo much better and clearer than the last issue mess. In spite of any debatable direction choices. (Looking at you, Jeanne-Techie Beaubier!)
• Good cover.
• Easier to navigate/read space battle.
• So, it seems that 2 nitpickingly unidentified officers, on the first page, are detailing the sitch to Carol. Carol would not answer by calling somebody "SIR". And none of the boxes are green trim to indicate it's Brand. Oddly only it appears as Brand and 1 officer(Wendy?) is on bridge with her and 3 remote guest stars.
• So, AFSS is just a module addition to some existing Satellite Station? Confusing. It would be neat if it is revealed that the Canadian Gov't is primary funding.
• Are the SATORI aliens new to this book?
• Shared universe props to bringing in Coulson, Panther, and Rocket. Well maybe not Rocket as his team's inclusion, and 2 ETA, is problematic gimmickry.
• Hmm, guess the Ultimates is the publically acceptable version of the Old Illuminati - Panther passed being such a stickler about secrecy but he seems to be okay to represent Wakanda on this high profile team. This sort of meshes with the current BP title pushing that Wakanda enter more into the public eye.
• Carol and Brand seem spot-on.
• Is Wendy the sabateur? Probably unconsciously? Who else could it be at this point? "Aurora"?
• No signature helmet in space for her! Yay.
• Nice to see Captain Marvel isn't the be-all-end-all of solo spaceflying superhumans against whole armadas. Hmm, we assume she is 100% to ever going full on Binary level, eh.
• Decent "punch a clock" presence for Puck and Squatch but WHAT IS THE DEAL with Aurora wanting to hang back from using her superpower to punch computer keys instead?
• LOVE Brand's "Honestly, I could go either way." vote! :D
• Not sure about the logic to relaunch the same type of David v Goliath attack plan that failed a few pages earlier. And where is the help from Earth? Blue Marvel and SPectrum should be right there! And is this before or after A-Force forming last week?
• Good fallback plan to negotiate ceasefire with released Satori. And even better shock/twist reaction by the invaders.
• Curious but welcome detail that translator doesn't work at the snap of the finger. Neat F/X with translated word bubble.
• Perfect final panel scene with the humorous but effectively dire Plan # incrementation.
Banner submission source:
I miss Dad and Dan.
This website, its operator, and any content contained on this site relating to Alpha Flight are not authorized by Marvel Comics, Inc.. This site is not sponsored, approved or authorized by Marvel Comics, Inc. The opinions of this site are not necessarily those of Marvel Comics, Inc. and this site is not an authoratative voice of the views of Alpha Flight, and characters and situations as written by Marvel Comics, Inc. This site serves as a non-profit scholarly work which reviews, promotes, and documents the elements of Alpha Flight in comic books and other media during the 21st century and beyond. All ideas in this site are expressed as a continuation of thought covering the pop culture associated with Alpha Flight. These thoughts are not necessarily the ideas of Marvel Comics, Inc.. Some illustrations and words are the creation of others that may or may not have appeared in other publications or websites. Their inclusion in this site is not intended as an infringement of their copyright in any way, but rather is done in the interest of documenting and reviewing pieces of pop culture "comic book" history. Alpha FLight and other related properties and images are © by Marvel Comics, Inc.
This Message Board owned and operated by: Mitch Taylor (Irn12)