- Five years later, Heather runs Department H, an NGO more government-tied than not. Its purpose is to study all things human, how the body works, drugs, mutancy.
- Top scientist Walter Langkowski discovers mutancy is an evolutionary step but no different then left-handedness, no 'homo superior' about it. Mutants attack Department H and cause the accident turning him into Sasquatch.
- Judd is brought back from SHIELD to tighten security. Due to their notoriety H is moved from being an NGO to a governemnt department, so they need protection. Judd brings in Nemesis and Windshear, neither is a mutant; some mutants sympathize with H's problems/goals but won't help.
- we learn why there is no Guardian, his helmet was key to getting his superconductivity-based supersuit to work. And nobody can figure out how he did it. So Langkowski sets to work.
- Northstar is depowered by anti-mutant forces. He decides to join H and when Langkowski/Sasquatch figures out how the helmet works, Northstar becomes Guardian (he is never called Northstar in the movie).
- but mutants aren't the villains really, the true protagonist is Joshua Lord, a megalomaniac who alawys wants more, and the knowledge Department H has acquired opens so many doors for him. He hires away Alec Thorne and Delphine Courtney but can't get the big prizes, H's files or Sasquatch.
- Lord wants his own paramilitary (stormtroopers, if you will) to fulfill his 'destiny'. Courtney and Thorne develop a cyber parts but their experiments fail; to please Lord they take in depowed mutants to make things work, calling them Hardliners. Lord gets many foreign countries interested in his 'troops' but his growing overconfidence gets him to set his first target as Department H.
- bad idea, Heather sets Alpha Flight on the Hardliners and Lord is devestated by his losses, blaming Courtney and Thorne (and killing both). His lunancy is complete as he becomes the Master, wearing Thorne/Courtney's prize possession. With the remnants of teh hardliners he atatcks again, to a thrilling conclusion!
This website, its operator, and any content contained on this site relating to Alpha Flight are not authorized by Marvel Comics, Inc.. This site is not sponsored, approved or authorized by Marvel Comics, Inc. The opinions of this site are not necessarily those of Marvel Comics, Inc. and this site is not an authoratative voice of the views of Alpha Flight, and characters and situations as written by Marvel Comics, Inc. This site serves as a non-profit scholarly work which reviews, promotes, and documents the elements of Alpha Flight in comic books and other media during the 21st century and beyond. All ideas in this site are expressed as a continuation of thought covering the pop culture associated with Alpha Flight. These thoughts are not necessarily the ideas of Marvel Comics, Inc.. Some illustrations and words are the creation of others that may or may not have appeared in other publications or websites. Their inclusion in this site is not intended as an infringement of their copyright in any way, but rather is done in the interest of documenting and reviewing pieces of pop culture "comic book" history. Alpha FLight and other related properties and images are © by Marvel Comics, Inc.
This Message Board owned and operated by: Mitch Taylor (Irn12)